Do you want to help shape the workforce of the future in your field? County vocational-technical school business partners play a critical role in developing career programs and keeping them aligned with current and future industry standards.
What is the role of business partners?
The active involvement of employers – from small local businesses to global corporations – is the key to developing a strong workforce pipeline. Employer partners can:
- Share their expertise as career program advisory boards members
- Hire graduates and assist in job placements
- Offer internships, apprenticeships and work-based learning opportunities
- Offer site visits and student tours of facilities
- Mentor students
- Serve as guest speakers
- Donate equipment and supplies
- Participate in technical skill assessments
- Help train career and technical education teachers in new technologies
February 23, 2021 op-ed on nj.com by Judy Savage, executive director of the New Jersey Council of County Vocational-Technical Schools, and Aaron Fichtner, president of the New Jersey Council of County Colleges.
Connect with your county vocational-technical school and community college
Sign up to learn more about our programs and how you can become involved as a business partner.
If the form does not display below, please click here.
Meet Our Business Partners
Meet more of our business partners here: