Are you looking for employees now?
Do you worry about your future workforce?
New Jersey’s county vocational-technical schools want to help employers by preparing students for the jobs of today – and tomorrow.
And employers can help schools, and students, respond to workforce needs.
Looking For Employees?
Do you want to recruit current students or recent graduates for job openings?
Want to Help Shape Your Future Workforce? Become a Business Partner
County vocational-technical school business partners play a critical role in developing career programs and keeping them aligned with current and future industry standards.
- Join a a program advisory board
- Offer Internships, apprenticeships and work-based learning
- Be a guest speaker
- Host site visits in your facility
- Mentor students
- Train teachers in new technologies
- Hire graduates
- Donate equipment and supplies
- Participate in students’ technical skills assessments
Want to Help Support Career and Technical Education in New Jersey?
The Coalition was created by NJCCVTS and the New Jersey Business & Industry Association to support public policies that expand training for our state’s workforce and create career pathways for high school and adult students.
- Promote quality career and technical education opportunities that prepare students for careers as well as college.
- Engage employers with county vocational-technical schools and students. The key to successful training programs is involvement from real-world local employers.
- Expand CTE schools and programs to prepare more career-focused, job-ready New Jerseyans.
The Coalition has more than 200 members and continues to grow. Members include international corporations with offices in New Jersey, regional employers, and local and family-owned businesses.
For more information:
Read the NJCCVTS/New Jersey Business & Industry Association policy paper, Career and Technical Education: New Jersey’s Pathway to Prosperity.