The New Jersey Council of County Vocational-Technical Schools presented at the New Jersey School Boards Association Annual Meeting in Atlantic City on Oct. 22.
The session, “Career and Technical Education: Many Pathways to Student Success,” featured school leaders from Hudson County Schools of Technology, Mercer County Technical Schools, Middlesex County Vocational & Technical Schools, Monmouth County Vocational School District, Union County Vocational-Technical Schools. If you have trouble viewing the slideshow, click here.
The presentation featured videos of students from each of the schools.
Click the links to meet the students:
- Jack Morel, a junior at the School of Design at Union County Tech who will be attending Kean University next year for his senior year;
- Rafael Miranda, an entry level technician at Jaguar/Land Rover USA who graduated from Middlesex County Vocational & Technical Schools last year;
- Joshua Wiggins, who graduated from the Culinary Education Center at Monmouth County Vocational School District and is now working at Jon Bon Jovi’s Soul Kitchen;
- Amar Arslanovic and George Martinez, who graduated from High Tech High in Secaucus and are now working as apprentices at Eastern Millwork in Jersey City;
- Sheehan Twomey, who graduated from Mercer County Technical Schools and is now an apprentice at the Princeton Plasma Physics Lab.